The success of personal financial planning very much depends on your earnest desire to improve your family's welfare and continuous commitment to devote some of your time to basic money management and budgeting exercises. Personal finance isn't exactly rocket science, but you may need a little help and advice during this journey. Some skills may be acquired only through real life experience, that can reveal valuable truths which will help you develop the right strategies applicable to your own financial situation.
We understand that sometimes it may be crucial to have access to the right information at the right time, therefore we have added the Search functionality to facilitate browsing information site-wide and easily finding data in your InEx Finance account. The Search functionality is located in the top menu and it enables users to perform the following search operations:
- Search Pages – if you choose this option, the system will return results for your search query found on publicly accessible site's pages, including articles, blog posts, help section, F.A.Q., How-to examples, etc. This Search option is available to all site visitors.
- Search Questions/Answers – if you choose this option, the system will return results for your search query found in questions asked by users in different categories. This Search option is available to all site visitors.
- Search Transactions – if you choose this option, the system will return results for your search query found in your transaction register. You will see a list of transactions with your search query matching any of the following parameters: id, date, resource, category, tag/comment, income amount, expense amount or currency. This Search option is available only to logged-in users.
- Search Everything – if you choose this option, the system will return results for your search query found in Pages, Questions/Answers and Transactions (if you are logged-in).
The Search functionality is not case-sensitive and it allows for any text or numerical strings. This is yet another tool intended to make our personal finance software easy to navigate and easy to manipulate. We hope this feature will prove useful in your personal finance management endeavors and improve your user experience.
While managing your personal finances and planning household budgets, it is important to rely on accurate and up-to-date financial information, otherwise you risk taking the wrong decisions. Having duplicate transactions in your account is not only annoying but also confusing, since this affects your financial data altogether and alters the calculations in various reports. And how frustrating and time-consuming it can be to run a manual check of all your income and expense transactions and delete the duplicate entries one by one.
Our main goal is to assist you in your personal financial planning endeavors and make all the amount of work involved as easy for you as possible. In this respect, we have developed a wide range of online money management tools to simplify your expense tracking and budget planning activities. Our personal finance software functionality includes the possibility to detect duplicate transactions while importing CSV or OFX files. After uploading your file, you will be presented with an Import Data Overview where you can review, edit or delete any Import Transactions, Categories or Resources before completing the import operation. If you check the Import Transactions list, you can easily spot any duplicate records automatically detected by the system by looking at their Status value: "Duplicate" means that an identical transaction is already recorded in your InEx Finance account, "Failed" means that a certain error occurred while importing the concerned transaction (you may click on that specific transaction to see the detailed error description), "Success" means that the transaction is error-free and unique. The following principle is applied while checking the import records for duplicate entries:
- If you upload an OFX file, the system will identify any duplicate records by the Financial Institution Transaction ID – FITID which is unique for each transaction;
- If you upload a CSV file, the system will identify any possible duplicate records by amount, date and currency: if all 3 parameters are identical, chances are high this is a duplicate transaction.
Elimination of duplicate transactions will ensure that your financial data is accurate and your planning strategies are based on realistic analysis. We understand that time is money, that's why we strive to meet all your expectations with respect to usability and make InEx Finance personal money manager easy, helpful and efficient.
We are constantly working on improving user experience and making our personal finance software friendly, hassle-free and useful. The recently added feature Questions/Answers is yet another step towards enhancing your personal finance planning skills, that enables you to receive valuable advice from other InEx Finance users. You can also help people in their endeavors to wisely manage personal finances by sharing your acquired knowledge, useful tips or suggestions about financial planning and budgeting.
In order to ask a new question or post a reply to an open question you need to log in to your account first. The following Questions/Answers categories are available: Errors, Suggestions, Transactions, Categories, Resources, Goals, Budgets, Credits, Events, Reports, Import/Export and Profile. Whenever necessary, our staff will join the discussions and post replies to questions that raise important issues or concerns.
Socializing with the like-minded may not reveal the key to your own financial independence and success, however it will help you avoid repeating other people's mistakes. We hope the Questions/Answers feature will come in handy while building your own personal financial planning strategies.